Octane plug, Tach test???

takotruckin

ok, can someone check what color the wires to their octane plug are?? also, i read that the "tach test" plug by the DIS effects timing, is this true?? will having the plug cut off and a tach connected to one of the wires effect anything? thanks

Don't disconnect the octane shorting plug! It's there for factory figured situations, and will not gain you anything, but could hurt you plenty. The other is the SPOUT connector(spark out) and allows the DIS to be set to it's basr timing(10 deg. BTDC) and will prevent it from advancing the ignition through the RPM range. None of this needs to be adjusted and has no advantage, unless in a diagnostic situation for repair.

Ray

i accidently cut off the octane plug, because my diagram was showing it as differently colored wires. now with the so called spout connector. i cut it off, assuming it was just for the tach. i hooked a tach to one of them, if i hook it to the other, it makes the car run worse. if i hook the wires together the car runs really bad. any reasons for this??

ok, i read that removing and installing the spout plug will make the computer relearn idle, is this correct? that would explain why it was erratic when i connected the wires. also, when the plug is out, should i have a CEL? i have a test light hooked up to the ecu test plug as a check engine light. and i can drive it all over with no cel

Back