pinstripe removal - tips???

wwwtbirdforumcom

I am removing the pinstripes from my sc - they are just gray tape - but somewhat brittle - I removed about 3 feet of it last night but it took a long time and adhesive was leftovet. Any tips out there to make this process easier???

Thanks in advance...

Heatgun?

Go get a heatgun, its like a little hair dryer but it gets much hotter, you might even be able to try a hair dryer, but the heat gun works real well.

Heat guns can get very hot so make sure you dont hold it too close to your paint as it can burn it or even make it bubble. as for the sticky residue, i would recommend using 3M Adhesive Remover, it comes in an aerosol can and wont harm your car. or a bug and tar remover of some type (turtle wax, eagle-one, etc.) would also work if the 3M isnt available

Do It In the sun ! pannel will get hot and no chance of burning the paint. I use to work in a body shop and know how to use a heat gun but to play it safe use the great outdoors in the sun. and use a little polishing compound and wax the whole car and your ready to lay down some new stripes or just leave it plain

Back