Car mod questions!

flyingthunder

I am a newbie, to super coupes and this site. I bought my first SC a few months ago, a twilight blue 1990 auto. It was basicaly unmodded, besides a 5% SC pulley that is. He did say a rebuilt tranny with a shift kit was put in before he got it and that the headgaskets were done after he got it. But I plan on modding it! The list tip to tail, take out A/C condenser, put in double IC with a fan, put on a light weight pulley set( including the 5% SC and a 10% jackshaft) a 76mm MAF, a 75mm throttle body, a ported 94 SC and inlet, an MP raised top, ported heads and intake, 42# injectors, a full exhaust, and a 255lph fuel pump. After all that will I have to tune it? I know the choices are a chip or a EEC-tuner kit. I just don't know if i'll have to do it.:eek: What I am shooting for is 300+ hp, with these mods do you think I will make it?:D I know that was a lengthy read but any help is appreciated!!!

That seems like a sound plan. But I think you may need to adda cam to that mix if you want to hit 300 at the wheels. Especially through an Auto.

Dave

flyingthunder said:
I am a newbie, to super coupes and this site. I bought my first SC a few months ago, a twilight blue 1990 auto. It was basicaly unmodded, besides a 5% SC pulley that is. He did say a rebuilt tranny with a shift kit was put in before he got it and that the headgaskets were done after he got it. But I plan on modding it! The list tip to tail, take out A/C condenser, put in double IC with a fan, put on a light weight pulley set( including the 5% SC and a 10% jackshaft) a 76mm MAF, a 75mm throttle body, a ported 94 SC and inlet, an MP raised top, ported heads and intake, 42# injectors, a full exhaust, and a 255lph fuel pump. After all that will I have to tune it? I know the choices are a chip or a EEC-tuner kit. I just don't know if i'll have to do it.:eek: What I am shooting for is 300+ hp, with these mods do you think I will make it?:D I know that was a lengthy read but any help is appreciated!!!

I agree with Dave, you will fall quite a bit short of 300rwh without a cam. You will probaby need ported heads as well. You could go with the AR from XR7 Dave and get there without doing a lot of those mods. I have all your listed Mods and then some and Im not close to that figure

thank you

Thank you for the replys. As for the AR, I would like to but I am a 22yr old on a budget and that doesn't fit. But I would still like to know if you think I would have to have the eec tuned in. And I have a new question, what would you guys say is the highest boost pressure you can safely run with either a custom or stock exhaust(fel-pro gaskets and TTY bolts).Thanks for the opinions!

flyingthunder said:
Thank you for the replys. As for the AR, I would like to but I am a 22yr old on a budget and that doesn't fit. But I would still like to know if you think I would have to have the eec tuned in. And I have a new question, what would you guys say is the highest boost pressure you can safely run with either a custom or stock exhaust(fel-pro gaskets and TTY bolts).Thanks for the opinions!

The tune is more important than the boost level, as is air charge temps.

I'd say it might run ok without a chip or tune but it won't be right. With 42lb injectors you'll be running closed loop and 14.7:1 all the way to 10psi boost.

You will probably find that with your double IC attempting to run anything over about 16psi on an M90 will be a waste of time.

another ?

Hi Dave I was hoping you would show, I have seen you post before and you seem to know about chips. I can't afford one at the moment, but you do mail order chips right? And do you think if I add an alchy injection kit I could run higher boost? Thanks for the help!!;)

raise your hand when you wanna speak to dave. he is the man. you bow down before his greatness... :p yes talk to him... you should do a search to come up with more answers about cams and porting and what not. but first thing is first do the exhaust... without an exhaust those heads are just gonna keep lifting off the block and causing hell on you

Look at my list of mods. I made 230RWHP and 313RWTQ. You may make a bit more power with the better blower, but I thought that this may give you an idea. BTW, I have an AOD.

Back