Exhaust And other ?'s

Young-SC-Owner

Will the mustang headers fit on an 89 5 speed and what will happen if you cut the resonator out? any easy HP tips will help? this is my 1st SC rebuilt WHOLE engine and i need help on what else to do whats this i hear on grinding the aluminum inside the supercharger does that help? i can do it but whats the risks and would it help all that much? one last one will grinding out the exhaust manifold do ANYTHING? Thanks
Tony

There are a lot of threads on each of those topics already. If you search, you will find more info than can fit in this one thread.

Mustang headers: with modification.
Ported manifolds: yes, some improvement. Look up tbird88 for this service.
No resonator: could be farty or not too bad, depending on the rest of the system.
Porting the SC: yes, that could help - but it's not child's play. Many people port blowers.
Easy HP: exhaust seems to be the best place to start.

Become a member and you'll have access to other forums that have great performance threads and many on exhaust.:)

Last edited:
Welcome to the wonderful world of SC's! If you want to be well informed I would suggest using the search function and you will have more reading and information about what you are asking than you could read in a couple nights. :)
Most people start mods with cold air intake(homemade or otherwise),larger SC top, exhaust, UD pullies, gears and a chip/tune.

Tom

Again...

Young-SC-Owner said:
Will the mustang headers fit on an 89 5 speed and what will happen if you cut the resonator out? any easy HP tips will help? this is my 1st SC rebuilt WHOLE engine and i need help on what else to do whats this i hear on grinding the aluminum inside the supercharger does that help? i can do it but whats the risks and would it help all that much? one last one will grinding out the exhaust manifold do ANYTHING? Thanks
Tony

The search function will allow you to look at multiple posts about this subject and look at all different answers not just the ones that respond.

Also, I suggest that you join the SCCOA since a lot of technical and special posts are ONLY available if you are a member. It's only $15 and is well worth EVERY penny.

P.S. If you don't like the membership, they refund your money. No better deal than that!!!!

Don

Back