Interior Lights.

tattoo

Hey Guys,
I have a question about interior lights,they worked fine and all of a sudden they just went out,i have looked in the tech.forum and could not find a post related to this,most guys have a combo of doors and windows or keyless entry.All my other lights work,dash,tail lights etc.I checked the fuse and found it was ok.....Any ideas?
Thanks,
Ed.

Not sure if there is a fuse for interior lights under the hood but if you have not looked there try that next.

Shane

either,
there is a seperate fuse for those keyhole/dome/back headrest lights, or one of your door switches/handles is bunk. Did you do/have any work done on it alarm/tint/stereo/lock wise recently?
good luck!

paul

Thanks for the responses guys,I just bought the car a month ago and the tint was already done,the alarm has some kind of short and until i can trace it i have disabled it.I have checked any number of things like the hood light wires,door switches,main wire line in the floor, and im stumped its not something that is critical but if there is a short somewhere i like to find it,i dont want any kind of open circut.So my investigation continues...I'll keep you guys up to date..and if the problem is found,the solution can be added to vast library of answered questions.Thanks Again,Ed.

Found the problem,there was one wire(yellow) running to the hood from the firewall,wrapped in a loom cover,i peeled the loom apart and found that a wire was chaffing so i stripped and put a new butt connector on it and that was that.Thanks for the help guys.
Regards,
Ed.

Back