Replacing Crank Sensor

cheeriosluvr

Anyone have any tips on doing this freaking thing??? Also how is the best way to align this thing??
Thanks in advance or any help give!!

Todd

i believe if you take of the complete bracket thatthe sensor is attached to, you can pretty much just realign it that way. After install have someone turn the crank by hand to see if there is any contact at the sensor.

We changed mine on the side of the turnpike in about 45mins! If you really want to know all the tricks, email XR7 Dave, he is the one that did all the work on mine.

I worked on it last night for 2hours and didnt finish it...
i got the top bolt off but the bottom on is kinda rounded so i have to come up with something to get that off noe

Todd

i think it is a 5.5mm bolt. I was lucky that did not keep me from getting it out, thank god for Wade E. for having one. I think it needs to be a 6-piont 5.5mm wrench.

Also take off the plastic shroud around the dampner that should help you get to it.

yup i took of the plastic shrouds.....
its a 5.5mm wrench except i only had a 12 point so i will finish tonight b/c i have to buy one after work...after i get that one bottome bolt off it will take a few minutes to get back together...

todd

Back