magnum powers 3 anyone have it and like the gains

twoblownfords

Just curious since i always here conficting stories which seems to be typical on super coupes. So if any one has this blower what would be the typical gains with a tune on a say a stock motor car say except for exhaust. I would like to chat with someone that has this product before i buy it. oneqkgt@aol.com

twoblownfords said:
Just curious since i always here conficting stories which seems to be typical on super coupes. So if any one has this blower what would be the typical gains with a tune on a say a stock motor car say except for exhaust. I would like to chat with someone that has this product before i buy it. oneqkgt@aol.com

Read the 2 longest threads on the first couple pages. Nutshell: Without a LOT of other mods, it's not going to achieve near it's full potential.

Oh My God!!!!

The blower was installed on my 1995 SC for testing for the Hemmings Magazine. I also installed it on my 1991 SC which is stock except for exhaust.

WOW​

I can't believe the difference!!!

It was unbelievable!!!! The boost was about 12 lbs and ran fast as hell. Huge difference over the stock blower and large difference over the MPII.

Biggest difference is the mid rpm band where the blower REALLY show's it's colors.

A best buy by any means....

Don

The MPIII really helped my car. With an s port the best i ran this year was 11.83. with the MPIII the best was 11.30. I also gained 4 mph.

yeah its good, a little controversy over it... and you have to overdrive it alot.

but hell for 1600$.. its not like a ton of money..

thats what i love about Supercoupes, even though their upgraded M90s.. thats still cheap for a new blower..

but you should just start with an "S" model or something a little less extreme, then you can open up the engine more and do more serious bolt ons, that way if you get an MP3, the gains will be more worth it

Last edited:
Thunder427 said:
yeah its good, a little controversy over it... and you have to overdrive it alot.

but hell for 1600$.. its not like a ton of money..

thats what i love about Supercoupes, even though their upgraded M90s.. thats still cheap for a new blower..

but you should just start with an "S" model or something a little less extreme, then you can open up the engine more and do more serious bolt ons, that way if you get an MP3, the gains will be more worth it
with a stock bottom end and 89 blower (full bolt-on's) is it more benfiical to go to s-port than spend the few extra hundred and go to mp3?

I have an excellent idea. I think you should most def. get one of the blowers and test it on your car against your current ported blower being that you have a dyno and are a competent tuner. I know a LOT of people would love to see that result!

Last edited:
Tell me can you bolt on MPIII ( or MPII ) blower to stock SC without having other mods?

Do you must have other mods ( What? ) before you can run it safely?

You have to have a good flowing exhaust system. If you have 30lb injectors they'll max around 260-270 or so rwhp you'll need injectors, maf, and a chip more than likely. There's people making 400rwhp on a stock bottom end so no worry there.

ok folks

Dave you have the right idea when i tune a mustang for example and do something to a car say i keep a blown saleen at 11.5 af ratio the next part i put on the car pulley throttle body what ever i tune it to the same af ratio then check the gains in hp and torque. Supercoupes are no different. Im sure the mag 3 is a stealthy piece with a good tune. Well the dyno is here in allentown pa lets do something. oneqkgt@aol.com

yeah I do think the S port is a better idea on an engine with only exhaust done..
with all of the overdrive going on, he might blow a gasket. am i wrong ? i would be pretty upset if someone suggested something to extreme to start out with..

hes going to have to buy an MP inlet plenum, 85mm TB, etc. to really see the effect..

and as ive said in the past, I think its better to start out with a better breathing engine internally, heads/cam.

sorry just my 2 cents. I didnt say its bad, I plan on getting an upgraded blower soon, whether its just an insanely overdriven M90 or Daves Autorotor ..

i just think sometimes less is more, especially in the beginning stages of modifying..

Last edited:
mp3

So what some say is that if you take a ported m90 and say it have 12 or 13psi and then you add the mp3 with the same boost level you will have hardly any power gains unless you spin the hell out of it that does not make sence but just wanted to get a feel. My plan was not to run max boost on the thing anyway. I have all my metric sockets out now since i just changed my crank sensor on my 93 sc so lets get a car here. I have nothing to do but tinker around in the winter due to the snow lol.

Worth the money as it comes with the inlet plenum!

The S-Port and Magnaport II can no longer get a inlet plenum new from MP. :eek:

thats true

how does it not make sense that you have to overdrive it ?

alot of the big results come from it being 15% OD

Rather than debate this or that (we already did that) the next step is to actually test the products. Most people seem really happy with the blower which is no less than one would have expected.

I offered to do testing also but people are already saying that my tuning is biased so I'd like someone else to run the tests. My car is not ready for flogging yet plus you are kind of far for me. Maybe someone closer would want to pair up with you for testing?

twoblownfords said:
Now were those gains of yours the mp 3 plus a retune or was that just the bolt on gain.
no retune, just was able to overdrive it more, I was able to overdrive it 10% more than i was able to with the s-port. with a retune it will run much better, but at the end of the season i just left the tune alone, it was working for me and i didn't want to take a chance of going the wrong direction. But there is definately more!

The big thing for me was when you said your IATs were lower on the MPIII. I think that will be a good thing.

Chris

Back