PDA

View Full Version : Front End Noise

T-bird Tim
12-08-2005, 06:42 PM
Anyone know where the sub-frame connectors are on these cars? I get a popping noise in the left front when I turn and I feel a thump in the floor board when I hit potholes or rough areas, anyone have any ideas? I checked all the front -end parts, they all seem to be in good condition. Thanks

seawalkersee
12-08-2005, 07:21 PM
They are inverted torx that go directly into the frame from the subframe. If you look at your sway bar from the bottom, you will see the front ones. I would suggest disconnecting your sway bar and trying it. If it goes away, you need links. If thats not it, check your ball joints. That would actually be where I stick my .02.

Chris

T-bird Tim
12-08-2005, 11:10 PM
Thanks, I'll get under there in the morning and try to find it and tighten it down.

seawalkersee
12-08-2005, 11:24 PM
I have never seen them loose. EVER...I have seen countless end links cause that problem and a few ball joints as well. To check the ball joint, jack it up and pry up on the tire with a long pry bar. If it moves at all (the joint), its bad.

Chris

7birdslater
12-10-2005, 08:07 AM
Really bad strut rod bushings will cause all kinds of popping noise when turning and hitting bumps also. I would also put money on the Ball joints though.