Front End Noise

T-bird Tim

Anyone know where the sub-frame connectors are on these cars? I get a popping noise in the left front when I turn and I feel a thump in the floor board when I hit potholes or rough areas, anyone have any ideas? I checked all the front -end parts, they all seem to be in good condition. Thanks

They are inverted torx that go directly into the frame from the subframe. If you look at your sway bar from the bottom, you will see the front ones. I would suggest disconnecting your sway bar and trying it. If it goes away, you need links. If thats not it, check your ball joints. That would actually be where I stick my .02.

Chris

I have never seen them loose. EVER...I have seen countless end links cause that problem and a few ball joints as well. To check the ball joint, jack it up and pry up on the tire with a long pry bar. If it moves at all (the joint), its bad.

Chris

Really bad strut rod bushings will cause all kinds of popping noise when turning and hitting bumps also. I would also put money on the Ball joints though.

Back