PDA

View Full Version : Aod Trans

ld91
12-08-2005, 10:03 PM
IS THERE A KIT YOU CAN BUY TO STOP THE KICK DOWN AT HI SPEED OR AT ABOUT 90-95% throttle? someone said they had akit but i cant seem to find one or is there an adjustment you can do i know if you get it off i could burn out the clutches from lack of pressure thanks

sail7seas
12-08-2005, 11:54 PM
You could possibly change the AOD valve body.

The lentech VB can be manually shifted from 1st to 2nd, and 2nd to 3rd.

The lentech VB does not allow medium to full throttle shifts from 3rd to OD to prevent wearing out the OD band.
A lentech valve body has an electronic delete for prevent shifting into OD. I can go well over 100mph in third, and have no need to go any faster.
http://www.lentechautomatics.com/

David Neibert
12-09-2005, 02:02 AM
Even the Lentech won't hold full throttle in OD...it's designed to downshift unless you roll into it gently.

A trans-go shift kit will allow full throttle upshifts and will hold OD at WOT...but it does have some other not so good side effects. Mainly it's tendancy to upshift into OD even though lever is still in D. BTW, the OD band isn't going to last very long with full throttle upshifts into OD.

David

Dirtyd0g
12-09-2005, 07:15 PM
The 1.5 inch od band in these transmission is not going to handle od at wot. I wouldn't even do that with the 2 inch band.
Alan

Kevin Leitem
12-09-2005, 11:22 PM
Art carr transmissions will allow it only if you go to a manual valve body

ld91
12-11-2005, 12:04 PM
Thanks for all the replys sounds like i may have a problem houston think i"ll just drive at 90% throttle sometime you just have to do what you have to do thanks for all the help thanks again and merry xmas and happy new year to all

kevenj90sc
12-11-2005, 01:36 PM
I had a TransGo shift kit in mine and I'm sure it would hold OD at full throttle (I sold my SC in September). That was not the reason I had the shift kit installed but I'm pretty sure it would hold O/D. My car was completely stock except for exhaust and that shift kit. It would Bark the tires good upshifting into 2nd and had a nice , positive 3rd gear shift too. Overall I was happy with the TransGo kit ; only complaint was the 1-2 shift could be a bit harsh when I was just driving in normal city traffic.