no fuel (sometimes)

mint91sc

I asked a question a while back and didnt really get any replys from it. The problem is that sometimes my car just wont start I figured out that it wount start because its no longer getting fuel, leave it sit sometimes 2 mins sometimes 3 days and all the sudden it has fuel agian. So I ended up takeing it to a friend of my dads friend that is a machanic he told me it was the fuel pump relay, the box upfront under the air filter so i got a working one off my buddy in town put it in started right up. but later that night the same problem. so I was wondering what all things can I look for and replace to maybe fix the problem. its hard cause it works sometimes and then dont other times. Just to let everyone know my fuel pump is 2 years old with probably 10k miles on it... any help would be GREAT... thanx

Assuming the question asked is about a 91 SC, the fuel pump relay is located in the trunk on the driver;s side near the inertia fuel switch. I think what you described messing with is the IRCM which for that year SC did NOT have the fule pump relay as part of the assembly.

Back