PDA

View Full Version : late model GTP Rotors available

sizemoremk
12-09-2005, 11:06 AM
There was a thread awhile back about a guy selling late model coated GTP rotors for a decent price, but he has been out of them for some time. I finally got a set from him a few weeks ago, and they arrived in really good shape.

The guy's name is Ed Morad, [email protected], and he says he has another nice set available... just in case anyone needs a set.

Later!

SuperCoupe007
12-09-2005, 04:19 PM
Do you have any pics of them ?? are they a simple swap job, or are mods needed ?? and if you dont mind me asking, what are they running for ??
Thanks...
:cool:

sizemoremk
12-09-2005, 05:24 PM
Do you have any pics of them ?? are they a simple swap job, or are mods needed ?? and if you dont mind me asking, what are they running for ??
Thanks...
:cool:

He told me $100 shipped.

You have to relocate a pin or something, not exactly sure which pin, but the info is in this thread:
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67380&highlight=coated

I have read that you get 1-2 lbs of boost from the coated rotors, but I I'd be hapy with 1lb... THe good thing about the GTP coating, is that oil "sticks" to them, improving the seal a little...

There are pics of he rotors here:
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61042&page=5&highlight=gtp+coated+rotors

XR7 Dave
12-11-2005, 06:50 PM
Sold.

Ed is a great guy. These rotors are in perfect shape with no scratches in the coating at all. Will make an excellent addition to my BN 1990 blower. :D My goal - most HP ever from an early style blower and plenum. Wish me luck! lol

CMac89
12-11-2005, 07:03 PM
Wish me luck! lol
Wish granted:)

sizemoremk
12-11-2005, 09:12 PM
Good to go!

Ed certainly seems to be very nice guy, glad I could make everyone aware these were vailable!

How do you already know how perfect they are?

Mine are OK, but not "perfect" maybe I should have bought that set :mad::D ;)

XR7 Dave
12-11-2005, 09:38 PM
Good to go!

Ed certainly seems to be very nice guy, glad I could make everyone aware these were vailable!

How do you already know how perfect they are?

Mine are OK, but not "perfect" maybe I should have bought that set :mad::D ;)

There were $100 for the set which is as much as I'd ever pay for these rotors but these ones were prime. I already have them in hand. :D

coolhand
12-11-2005, 09:56 PM
Just what you need, MORE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SuperCoupe007
12-16-2005, 06:14 PM
If you were to replace the sotck rotors with the rotors from a GTP, someone told me that I might have to have them timed ??? :confused: :confused: is this true ??? How hard is it to do, and is there anything I should be aware of ??????
Thanks...
:)

Payton
12-17-2005, 12:26 AM
If you were to replace the sotck rotors with the rotors from a GTP, someone told me that I might have to have them timed ??? :confused: :confused: is this true ??? How hard is it to do, and is there anything I should be aware of ??????
Thanks...
:)
Dude, link is above!!! Pay attention!:D

JStudrawa
12-19-2005, 01:38 PM
Sold.

Ed is a great guy. These rotors are in perfect shape with no scratches in the coating at all. Will make an excellent addition to my BN 1990 blower. :D My goal - most HP ever from an early style blower and plenum. Wish me luck! lol

You need to let some of us get some HP too!

Just a HP Hog, you are!

What's a BN Blower anyway?