Pictures of a custom air box I built

blown96bird

I decided to build a custom air box for a K&N I tryed to seal it the best I could. I built it out of sheet allumnim. I still need to insulate it and paint it. enjoy the pictures and feel free to leave coments.

Attachments

• airbox 01.jpg
    airbox 01.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 320
  • airbox 02.JPG
    airbox 02.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 300
  • airbox 03.JPG
    airbox 03.JPG
    226.3 KB · Views: 262
  • airbox 04.JPG
    airbox 04.JPG
    335 KB · Views: 396
good job looks cool, i been thinking about messing with mine since the port on the K&N box is a narrow oval shape and the hole in the car is round wich doesnt make any sense. so i need to come up with something differant.
id really like to set something up so i got more air being forced in but i havent got that far since im still in the process of taking out my heater core :eek:
1 step at a time :)

Looks sorta like the one I toyed with for awhile last spring. Mine was going to use the hood as a top, like the Magnum Powers cold air divider. But since my hood blanket is removed I couldn't find a way to seal the top off the way I liked. I eventually went back to the Mustang-type box that I got from SCP
Spider, my solution to the problem you're referring to was to cut out the opening on the box to match the opening in the fender, then I sealed around the opening on the bottom with some 1" thick Armaflex.

Attachments

• CAD4.jpg
    CAD4.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 102
Back