Please Help....!!!!

Traidmarx

okay i have a 1990 SC...last saturday i let a friend take my car so he could weld the exhaust back up they came back like 10 mins later and told me my car had a horrible knock...went and listened and sure enough the rod was makin noise..so anyway it wont hold oil...but the oil pan and block seem to be fine.. who knows. any how the guy that was drivin my car when it blew up has a 3.8 N/A motor out a 90 T-bird... okay questions one how hard is it to switch over the whole intake(including S/C) off my motor onto that N/A motor and if so.... how well would it hold up to boost i've read that the SC motors have about 8.2:1 CR...then N/A 3.8 is something like a 9.5:1 CR that seems like a lot of compression in a V6 especially considering the fact that the internals in the 3.8 NA motors aren't forged...at least not to my knowledge...i've asked a few people around here and for the most part they say that if i did the swap with my blow onto a NA motor it should have alot more power 250-260'ish...any help with this would be appreciated

You are opening a can of worms. You won't get more power from the higher compression because the computer will just retard the timing when the knock sensor detects detonation. Plus not only does the n/a motor not have a forged crank, but the main bearing caps are not as strong either.

Why not just rebuild the S/C engine and save yourself a bunch of grief?

Back