rad leak

T@Sound-Xtreme

does the leak stop stuff damage anything in the motor at all? I have a small leak and want to seal it up, but wonder if I should just save up for a new Rad?

Tyler

I have had a few friends who have worked at auto parts store and they have heard horror stories of people who have used the radiator leak stuff. I would recommend to save for a new one. I believe spinning wheels have some new plastic ones for sale. Or since you have to replace the rad, why not get an upgraded radiator. A 3-core radiator :)
Good Luck

You can use the liquid "bars leaks" in the grey bottle with no problem; it comes in 2 sizes, large bottle for big engines and a smaller bottle for 4 and 6 cyl. Use the Smaller bottle; only one - - if one bottle doesn't stop the leak 3 more probably won't either. If you use one bottle it will not clog up or cause any damage and might just buy you a year or 2. Mix it with some water or antifreeze (make sure there is room in the radiator) then go drive the car for at least 30 minutes to fully circulate it.

Bar's leak does not have any metallic ingredients in it that could possiby play havoc with coolant tem sensors, temperature gauge sending units, etc.

Last but not least, replace the factory 16lb radiator cap with a 13lb cap....that will take a little stress off your weak radiator. Might not be a good Idea in Las Vegas or Phoenix but I ran mine all the time with a 13 lb cap and never had any issues.

Last edited:
Back