gettin new SC 2morrow.

ndoftyme69

Hopefully if all goes well, I'll be the new owner of a red 89 auto SC , the guy wants 300 dollas for it:eek: . looks brand new , new tires , sc rims still shine, paint glossy, black leather with moonroof. forgot to check the mileage, but who cares at the moment.The only problem so far is it needs brake work,I guess thats why he parked it.I haven't heard it run yet but he says the engine runs strong. The guy also wanted a ps2 which I have, so I may even get it for 150 dollas and the playstation 2. won't know til 2morrow,but that would be awesome.This would be my 2nd SC:D

Probably needs a relay, pressure switch, or hydraulic motor for the ABS if he parked it and is scared to drive it.

For $300, you can part out some of the car and make the money back fairly quick. If I came across an opportunity like that around here, I'd jump on it - as long as I had a place to put it :D

Good luck with the car.

-Melon

update

well I have the title in hand, cost me 150 dollars and a ps2 with 2 controllers and 2 games. turns out its a 1990 with 167k on the ticker. it has a new paintjob and new tires. the master cylinder and accumalator have been removed, so imma switch to conventional. And the engine runs but won't stay running i'm guessing fuel pump, because if I put gas in the throttle body it will fire and run but then stall. I'll look into it more when I get it home.the interior is ok but it needs new front seats, the leather is ripped up along with the top of the rear fold down seat. It's still sittin at the guys house but hopefully I can get it towed home this week so I can play with it. I'm probably goin to put the engine out of my white sc into it cuz I just put new heads and headgaskets on it along with cam sensor and DIS. then imma sell my white sc once I get the other engine in it and running good.

ndoftyme69 said:
well I have the title in hand, cost me 150 dollars and a ps2 with 2 controllers and 2 games. turns out its a 1990 with 167k on the ticker. it has a new paintjob and new tires. the master cylinder and accumalator have been removed, so imma switch to conventional. And the engine runs but won't stay running i'm guessing fuel pump, because if I put gas in the throttle body it will fire and run but then stall. I'll look into it more when I get it home.the interior is ok but it needs new front seats, the leather is ripped up along with the top of the rear fold down seat. It's still sittin at the guys house but hopefully I can get it towed home this week so I can play with it. I'm probably goin to put the engine out of my white sc into it cuz I just put new heads and headgaskets on it along with cam sensor and DIS. then imma sell my white sc once I get the other engine in it and running good.
I'd replace the fuel filter and look at other things before the fuel pump. Pumps are usually either work or they don't at all.

Hill1513 said:
I'd replace the fuel filter and look at other things before the fuel pump. Pumps are usually either work or they don't at all.
true, he also said it has been sittin for 7mon. so the gas is probably bad.

Yup, i went throught that whole ordeal with my car after i got it all put back together, went through alot of different parts. Then hooked up a fuel pressure gauge and it was droping when it was firing, so i immediatly thougt it was the fuel pump. Thought id buy a new fuel filter, bought one, put it in, and it fired right up and ran like a wet dream. I will always remember this saying KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid.

Derek

Well I got it home 2nite. lol, tricked triple A into towin it for me. The driver was crazy takin corners at 80 miles an hour in flat bed , tellin me he's drove drunk before and drove the truck drunk a couple of times.I was like great I'm goin to die and the SC is a gonner. But we ended up makin it home safely. I'll post pics as soon as I can. hopefully I can get it on the road soon.

ndoftyme69 said:
Well I got it home 2nite. lol, tricked triple A into towin it for me. The driver was crazy takin corners at 80 miles an hour in flat bed , tellin me he's drove drunk before and drove the truck drunk a couple of times.I was like great I'm goin to die and the SC is a gonner. But we ended up makin it home safely. I'll post pics as soon as I can. hopefully I can get it on the road soon.
I had AAA tow mine too. Some of those wrecker drivers are nuts.

i was rear-ended one time and got towed by a guy that WAS drinking... had a cooler in the floorboard... pos tow truck has 1/2 turn play in the stearing and he drove about 15mph over the speed limit.. funny thing was the police recomended the guy!

you paid WHAT

ndoftyme69 said:
finally got some pics up, been busy latelt

Jesus!:eek:
I'm starting to think I got ripped off at $500 for mine!
:(
A THIRD VOTE here on switching the brakes to conventional.

paul

That's awesome!!!

Hell of a deal for an SC in that condition. Almost looks new!!!

Great find and good luck!!!

Don

Before changing fuel pumps, try resetting the inertia switch in the trunk. BTW, The car looks super clean and for what you paid, you can afford to spend a few bucks fixing it.

David

I envy you :mad: :p

On a serious note, great deal man. Call me stupid, but if you own an SC (an early one at that)...its a good thing to get to know your ABS. Once you know it, its a piece of cake diagnosing and reparing. Also, its not as expensive anymore as it used to be to repair it. Again, outstanding deal.

Back