exhaust which one?

Lightningf150

Which one best for me to use flowmaster, maganflow, borla, or other muffler system for my tbird. Pls offer. Also I would like to have header, high flow cat too.

What's "BEST" for YOU?

Lightningf150 said:
Which one best for me to use flowmaster, maganflow, borla, or other muffler system for my tbird.
Question: What is the BEST car?
Answer: The BEST car is the one that fits your needs. The BEST car for a Gear Head, is not the BEST car for your grandfather.

The "BEST" exhaust is the one that give you what YOU want. You haven't said anything about what you want to accomplish with an exhaust change. Lower Back Pressure? Higher Flow? Higher Performance? Deeper Tone? Exhaust Cut Outs? 2-1-2? "True" Dual? "H" Pipe? "X" Pipe? Ricer Fart look? Silly Pop Out exhaust spinner? What is it that you want?

68COUGAR

Last edited:
Please UNDERSTAND I am DEAF okay?
I am not sure if tbird will fix x or h pipe for that. Since yall already expernince with tbird. Since I just got tbird recently. I just want sounds like as v8 and sounds badass. I want put header, high flow car, and now deal about x or h pipe and setup 2.5 pipe all the way. Flowmaster, magnaflow, or whatever. I would like to know and would like to get right one and would love it. Thanks for help. Ill hear from yall soon.

68COUGAR said:
Question: What is the BEST car?
Answer: The BEST car is the one that fits your needs. The BEST car for a Gear Head, is not the BEST car for your grandfather.

The "BEST" exhaust is the one that give you what YOU want. You haven't said anything about what you want to accomplish with an exhaust change. Lower Back Pressure? Higher Flow? Higher Performance? Deeper Tone? Exhaust Cut Outs? 2-1-2? "True" Dual? "H" Pipe? "X" Pipe? Ricer Fart look? Silly Pop Out exhaust spinner? What is it that you want?

68COUGAR

If you want a good exh. note I would say stay away from Magnaflow and Flowmaster...I have used both of them and let me tell ya...I have not heard anything as clean as a Dynomax Super Turbo...Not the strait through design either...The chambered mufflers that Dynomax has work nice. I have never been so pleased. Borla has a nice tone as well, but it also has a big price tag attached to it...

You can use pretty much any resonator you want with these Dynomax muffs and end up with a clean exh. tone. Just don't go too big on the tubing or it will sound like chit as well as being less effective.

Brad

I have a Magnaflo resanator and Dynomax mufflers. Super Coupe Performance sells the complete exhaust system including the headers and high flow cats. You can also just buy the headers and downtubes with cats and have a local exhaust shop supply the rest.

I've got the one that has 2.5" pipes from headers/cats to the resonator, then out of the resonator with a single 3" pipe past the fuel tank, then dual 2.5" pipes with mufflers in the stock location. The pipes on the SCP exhaust system are mandrel bent and will flow better than the typical exhaust shop pipe bender stuff.

It sounds better with the cats, and what cam you have will also have a big impact on the exhaust sound. It's not going to sound like a v8 no matter what exhaust system you have. IMO, Borla has the best sound.

David

I am very pleased with the exhaust i have,it is dual 2 1/2 thru a x-pipe magnaflow resonator dual out,dual thru tank section to borla mufflers.It has a nice deep tone without any annoying drone.It is stainless with mandrel bends as well.

Back