tuning question

T-bird Tim

I have a 92 SC, heavily moded with factory computer settings. I'm not getting all the performance out of the car that I should be. My question is, how much does it normally cost to get one tuned and is it a big job?

tune

Hope your not driving your car wot that much my 93sc next to stock except exhaust and ported blower was about 14.5 under boost with stock computer until i tuned it with my sct chip. I usually charge around $450 on a supercharged car mustang or tbird. that includes the dyno time and the road test thats where in matters. The only thing i can say for you make sure you have the correct mass air meter that will not peg like a lightning or sct meter. and make sure you have plenty of fuel and good gas. Other then that its tough to say sometimes it goes smooth and sometimes it is not. oneqkgt@aol.com

T-bird Tim said:
I have a 92 SC, heavily moded with factory computer settings. I'm not getting all the performance out of the car that I should be. My question is, how much does it normally cost to get one tuned and is it a big job?

Contact David Dalke (XR7 Dave) ! He will tell you everything you want to know about tuning these cars! Great guy!

And if I know right, he will answer your question here before you reach to do anything... ;) :D

Thanks for the input guys. So it looks like I need a chip, tuning and a road test. Anyone near El Paso Texas that can do it for a good price?

T-bird Tim said:

Just out of curiosity what do you consider heavily modded? If you have most of the usual mods you would likely be able to get a decent chip from David through the mail because he has base files for most combinations. If the car were really modded that heavily it most likely would be running very poorly not just leaving some performance on the table.

Charles

T-bird Tim said:
Thanks for the input guys. So it looks like I need a chip, tuning and a road test. Anyone near El Paso Texas that can do it for a good price?

Unfortunately probably not. Do you have a dyno facility close by? Mail tuning isn't fast and not quite as accurate as a real dyno tune but it can help you get where you need to be so that the car runs closer to it's potential. Then also if you ever manage to get to a dyno tuning session you can always have it redone easily enough.

Things the car has; ported 94/95 blower and plenum, 10% pulley, 3" SCP intake, underdrive pulleys,42 lb injectors, 76mm MAF, 85 mm T-body, Dr.Fred cam, 255 fuel pump, roller rockers, shorty headers with scp 3" exhaust, intercooler fan, griffin radiator, 3.73 gears, ported heads. Would all this require tuning for it to run right because right now it isnt?

Back