nos/spark plugs

Lightningf150

Do you think nitrous wet kit will be ok to hook up on tbird sc? I want run 75 shot wet kit. Also I really need find a good spark plug and best spark wires, what about ingition coil pack?

With the head gasket rep that these engines have I can't say that it's a good idea. Personally with a blower on it I wouldn't run anything more than a 50 shot, and dry at that. If you run a wet kit you take a real risk of having NASA track your blower. The cooling effect of the N2O will produce more than 50 hp and keep you from having to run a super cold plug all the time. The SC is not something you want to be swapping plugs on all the time.

There are a LOT of people around here running nitrous with nary a problem at all. Just make sure you have all the supporting mods to exhaust and fuel system and get a good tune and you should not have any problems with it. Do a search on the forums and read about others that are using N20 and how they have it set up. Nitrous Oxide is not that bad of a thing to run as long as it is set up properly.

As far as head gaskets go, if we all worried so much about head gasket failure and never did anything that would increase the chance of said failure then no one would have any power adding mods on their cars. In fact we probably would be just too scared to even start them up and drive drive them. Like I said... just take the necessary precautions and go for it. Don't let anyone tell you it's bad because of the headgasket problems or you will never get anything done to your car.

Tracy

I'm using Denso IT-20s Iriduims and they seem to be working well. In the past I've also used NGK Iriduims and they worked fine too.

David

any jap plugs i ever used in my dirtbike were junk i wouldnt use them if they were the last things on earth brand new i would put them in my testor they would blow out meaning no spark at about 50 or 60 pounds i would put in a good champion gold plated it would get brighter with more pressure clear up to 120 pounds and that was as high as my testor would go

Last edited:
Back