Blown slave cylinder?

Smutty

Well,
It happened, pushed in the clutch *pop* and it went right to the floor. coasted into a dunkin' donuts and looked under the car. Brake Fluid leaking from transmission to engine drain hole. (access plate)
Now here is the problem: The car won't move.
when a slave cylinder breaks it should be the other way: The car won't stop. right?
The slave cylinder has about 120 miles on it.
I have to pull it all apart to give back the transmission to whitelightning anyway so its better the cylinder break now rather than later when I have a new transmission in.

120 miles is ridiculous. Did you install the clutch yourself or at a shop? I'd take it back if it was at a shop. If the car was in gear when it broke, then yes the car is stuck because the clutch plates are engaged. In neutral you shouldn't have a problem. Getting it into neutral could be tough though - try rocking the car back & forth while pulling on the shift lever. It might also be that the hydraulic line has become unattached. Mine used to dump fluid on a very cold day - but that was a very old clutch and the seals were going bad on the slave. To move the car you could try re-filling the master cylinder and hope you can atleast operate the clutch once and get it out of gear. Good luck.

Back