Poor e-brake

Titanum

I was in the car inspection and they told that the e-brake does not have
enough power(0.9 Kn). So now I have adjusted the cables, but it`s still
the same 0.9 Kn. Pads are ok, and there is no problems with regular
brakes(2.6 Kn). What to check next? I do think that caliber pistons works
fine?

Maybe your tensioner is weak or improperly installed? I think the only two places that adjustment is possible are the nut at the brake lever and the tensioner by the differential.

The actual e-brake cable should be self adjusting, although you can increase the tension at the adjuster (on the wire that spans across the two rear calipers is the self adjusting mechanism). If the handbrake pulls up normally (I recall it's about 7 clicks on the ratchet) then your cable is ok. The next problem would be at the caliper - disc brakes with e-brake interface are notorious for ceasing -up. If your SC is like an 89 or 90 (15 years old) then you might as well just replace the calipers; but atleast check that the caliper pins aren't ceased first, which stops both pads from full contact on the rotor. Other than that the e-brake mechanism isn't really serviceable.

Handbrake pulls up nicely, but it`s quite stiff.
I´ll check the calibers and let you know if there was a problem.
I did lube those e-brake mechanisms in both calibers allready.
and yeah......I got -89 SC

I did check calibers and those are working perfectly. I allso adjusted that
cable again. pads are ok and rotors too. I cleared and lubed everything,
then I moved the e-brake up and down. After that I tested the e-brake....
I put the e-brake on, started car and lift up cluch slowly......
car didn`t move foward. Then I put more rpm to the engine (2000-3000) and lift the clutch.......car moved a little. I need to go some place where
I can test e-brake properly.

Back