Brake accumulator

z9_87

I believe I have a bad brake accumultor. How hard is it to replace one of these? I haven't ever mesed with the pump motor area of brakes before, just pads, rotors, calipers. Also, where can I find one, the basic auto parts stores dont list them online.

Thanks,
Zach

Welcome Zach,

Do a search for ABS to Conventional conversion.
I would suggest reading that thread to anybody having trouble with
the stock system.

paul

Contact Prior Remanufacturing (www.priorreman.com) and order a new accumulator for a Teves Mark II ABS. I believe they sell them for around $100. They are very simple to replace. Maybe one of the easiest repairs I have done to a SC.
Good luck.

Bryan

with the key off, pump the brakes 20 times. Then unscrew the accumulator from the MC. Screw the new one in hand tight and you're good to go. It makes it a little easier if you remove the wiper and the driver side wiper cowl.

thanks for the replys, thirdbird If the pump is bad I will look into getting rid of the abs.

Another question, all of the boosters say w/o abs. Do I need an abs one assuming I'm replacing nothing else? If I get one w/o abs scould I just unplug the abs?

Next should I get one w/ or w/o a master cylinder?

Thanks,
Zach

Last edited:
i believe you have to use a booster for a v8 so it will fit prob for non abs , i found it easier just to fix the abs

Back