Cat-back systems!

Sampo

Tell me your experiences about different 2.5"+3"+2.5" cat-back systems!

Price, performance, sound etc. anything!

I did a search but want more information!

Thanks! :)

Well I have a seperate setup, but I figured i'd give you my experience. I have custom 2" downtubes to a 2.5" center piece to 2.25" dual outlets. I started out with Magnaflow high-flow cats, to a Flowmaster resonator as well as Flowmaster mufflers. It had a high rumble to it (but everyone I know loved it) and it had a high resonance at around 2K RPM. It was hard to talk in the car when driving in the freeway beacuse my RPM would stay around 2K. I got tired of the resoance so I decided to go with a Magnaflow setup. I love it now, its got a real mellow setup. now I can talk in the car and when I start it up, it doesn't wake up half my neighbors. :D Hope this helps....
:)

Last edited:
Dynomax catback is good. Price is in the $300s. I think it's designed for the 5.0, but it may fit the SC also. My brother has one on his 5.0 T-Bird, and it has a good V8 rumble at idle, and not too loud or buzzy on the road. But you know he drives a V8.

I had a system custom made for mine that used a 2.5-3-2.5 configuration. I did not include a resonator and had IMCO mufflers in the rear. I noticed a gain in performance and the sound was decent. The only drawback is that it had a slight drone right around 2000rpm. It wasn't bad after you got used to it.

does nobody listen to the stereo in their car? The exhaust drone at 2000 or so wouldnt bother me since i always have my system on and bumpin.

anyone have the SCP exhaust? If so... how is the sound? Ive been thinking about getting it rather then having a custom one done..

I have the SCP exhaust on my 94 with Hi Flow cats and I really like the way it sounds. I don't think my exhaust is holding me back at my power level.

I have the Flowmaster resonator and catback system with custom downtubes and hi flow cats on my 95. It sounds pretty nice too. It does have a pretty small center pipe compared to my SCP exhaust.

guys lets face it sc's will never sound good at full throttle with modified exhaust mine sounded awesome at idle like a v-8 but when I got into the upper rpms it was droney

Back