Went to Irwindale last night for the first time and...

SVT2888

It sucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: Only got to runs. I got there at 5:45 and the racing is supposed to go on from 5-10. Let me tell you they move slow as hell. It was 1.5 hours between my runs! Oh and on my second run they didn't get my time. Apparently there was Dew on the sensors. It was a pretty cold night so there were alot of wrecks and broken car, which made things go even slower. They finally called the thing off early at 9:30 after a Camro Z28 slammed into the wall.

Anyways I ran a 10.145 @ 70.30

I have a PI intake, PI cams, and Borla mufflers. No T-lok.

Oh, and BTW everyone kept asking me if it was supercharged:rolleyes: All night I kept hearing "Is it supercharged?", "Is it a Super Coupe?":rolleyes: :p
Kinda got tireing. Every time I would tell them "No, its a V-8" they would say "Oh, it's a 5.0 (302)". Then I would have to tell them "No it a 4.6", then all I would get is "Oh".

~~~? No respect for the 4.6?

Anyways, how fast are Super Coupes stock?

Too bad...

Doesn't sound like such a great night..sorry to hear it. A bad night of racing is still better than a good night at work! :p If your looking for smaller crowds and more runs in the 1/8, Perris does pretty well and even Quailcomm is better than what you describe of Irwindale. For the 1/4, LACR is our only remaining choice. As for stock SC times, the best 1/8th I've turned was a 9.3 on race tires and a 9.5 on street tires. I average around a 9.8. Keep an eye out for our next outting as even a bad night at the track is better with some friendly faces around! Most of us can even identify a 4.6 ;) .

Anthony

Coast to Coast SC said:
Doesn't sound like such a great night..sorry to hear it. A bad night of racing is still better than a good night at work! :p If your looking for smaller crowds and more runs in the 1/8, Perris does pretty well and even Quailcomm is better than what you describe of Irwindale. For the 1/4, LACR is our only remaining choice. As for stock SC times, the best 1/8th I've turned was a 9.3 on race tires and a 9.5 on street tires. I average around a 9.8. Keep an eye out for our next outting as even a bad night at the track is better with some friendly faces around! Most of us can even identify a 4.6 ;) .

Anthony
Let me guess you see one wheel spinning and you hear the scream of a V-8 but it just doesn't become distant that fast?:D

BTW I've gone to Qualcomm and I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When is racing held at Perris? It's kinda far from me but I'm willing to go.

How about LACR? If the racing is on a Thursday or Friday I have to make sure to make it to work by 11pm. (UPS night shift)

Oh, and it sucked not having anyone else with a T-bird there and not having anyone you know to talk to. I ended up hanging around and chatting with a bunch of cool guys from a Nissan club (Mainly Sentra SE-R's which where running faster than me:eek: ).My reaction time was terrible too it was in the 1.xxx zone:D I guess that tends to happen when you have the flu and you are taking a bunch of medicine.

Back