Any Guys Out There That Can Get Me Paint??

94SCBird

I was talkin to my uncle who happens to be a body guy over xmas, and he said if i brought the car down in a day if we started early we could have my top repainted because i have the sunbake/fade thing goin on up there, and i was woundering if anybody could get the metallic teal color that these cars came in, in a PPG Color?

thanks keith

Keith-

French's and Automotive Coatings can get the paint you require-both are in Cedar Rapids-give me a buzz with the paint code off your car and we can try our best-problem is that you'll find there are variations on the colors-my 93 V8 used the Cayman Green paint-Mike Albee showed me that there were at least 7 variations.

94SCBird said:
I was talkin to my uncle who happens to be a body guy over xmas, and he said if i brought the car down in a day if we started early we could have my top repainted because i have the sunbake/fade thing goin on up there, and i was woundering if anybody could get the metallic teal color that these cars came in, in a PPG Color?

thanks keith

Many auto parts stores (real one's, not like Autozone and Advanced) mix paint; does it have to be PPG??..... Lot's of NAPA stores mix paint on premises but it's Martin Senor ( aka Sherwin Williams) paint, not PPG.

yeah, it has to be PPG paint, because thats what he uses, and he said that if i get PPG all of his painters and everything will work, he says he doesn't like using dupont or anything like that because the colors have like 7 or 10 different tints to go through and PPG gets it right as a stock color.

Back