ok ~~~???????

95scfan

well i have a problem the heater in my car today when i hit a bump and the heat came on and it worked on all the settings and everything but when i hit another big bump it went back off so what i am trying to get at here is should i look behind the heater controls or look for a grounding issue? I understand that you guys can't diagnose the situation without seeing the car but any ideas?

thanks

95scfan said:
well i have a problem the heater in my car today when i hit a bump and the heat came on and it worked on all the settings and everything but when i hit another big bump it went back off so what i am trying to get at here is should i look behind the heater controls or look for a grounding issue? I understand that you guys can't diagnose the situation without seeing the car but any ideas?

thanks

FYI, you may get more responses if you put an actual corresponding subject line. Lots of guys work during the day and skip threads without clear subjects...

sounds very familiar...no i dont have the answer..i have the same problem:mad:
i haven't really look into in because i have had more bigger issues(HG's), and the weather has been fairly nice.
btw its on my 95 too, so who knows?

i was kinda wondering about the ignition switch its the wierdest thung when i hit a bump it goes on and off so who knows i though it was the fan but it works great(when it works) could it be a radiator thing or a thermostat or something like that? or maybe a loose wire on the back of the console for the heater who knows but if anyone has any info please don't keep me in the dark..

thanks

p.s. aren't the 95 sc's just the best?????

Another thing to add, like today it was cold, so i put it on 90 degrees on panel and u can feel the heat but its like barley(not really) coming out.
i seem to find that it will finally cut on when i get in boost well get on the throttle hard..wierd huh?:confused:
btw i tried to mess with the ignition but made no difference.

Last edited:
rzibilske77 said:
i seem to find that it will finally cut on when i get in boost well get on the throttle hard..wierd huh?:confused:
btw i tried to mess with the ignition but made no difference.

Based on this statement, if it were me, I would check the coolant level, and then the thermostat.
If heat in these cars turns on and off based on having hot coolant in the heater core, then revving up the engine with lower than usual coolant/sticky thermo-valve might send it into the heater core due to greater pressure generated by the waterpump, where normally it would not.
hope this helps somebody!:D

paul

this goes both ways, no just heater but ac too:confused:

thirdbird said:
Based on this statement, if it were me, I would check the coolant level, and then the thermostat.
If heat in these cars turns on and off based on having hot coolant in the heater core, then revving up the engine with lower than usual coolant/sticky thermo-valve might send it into the heater core due to greater pressure generated by the waterpump, where normally it would not.
hope this helps somebody!:D

paul

yea you are probably right, as in my eariler post i just haven't had any time too even look at it...maybe tomorrow...thanks for the replys guys:)

thirdbird said:
then a bad electrical connection within/at the control in the dash???:confused: :confused: :confused:

well to clarify all the answers to the heater mess i have found out what has done it..........
on the blower motor behind the glove box there is the plug that goes into the top of the motor(blower) it self and it had a bad connection in it and if you have the car on and the heat on it will come on so i jimmy rigged a string from a shoe to hold the cord inplace and anchored the cord to help hold it in place there is only one way to know if it will stand the test of time

Good luck :)

Back