Supercharged Buick Riviera '95!

man those cars are ugly. the monkes around here think they are the ~~~~ with those cars. damn they are just EUWWW... i rather own a civic then own that POS

Sorry but I asked experiences, not your personal opinion how it looks like.

I have understood that there are many things You consider ugly. Once there was my ugly SC floor matts, other time something else.

all the GTP parts would work on it. Those motors don't blow head gaskets and run forever. GM actually builds a durable 3.8L.

Scott Long said:
all the GTP parts would work on it. Those motors don't blow head gaskets and run forever. GM actually builds a durable 3.8L.

Ok, thanks!

I didn't know that all the GTP parts would work...

Sampo said:
Sorry but I asked experiences, not your personal opinion how it looks like.

I have understood that there are many things You consider ugly. Once there was my ugly SC floor matts, other time something else.

so ur butt hurt why?

anywho, my dad owns a buick le sabre with one of those 3800 V6 engines. needless to say its reliable. He took it out and resealed it because it was leaking but other than that its pure reliable. pretty quick too.

isnt that the same as those SSI right? something like that? ive seen a few SSI or something like that with supercharged at the bottom of the badge. pretty nice. not the RIVIERA.

Last edited:
Sampo said:
Ok, thanks!

I didn't know that all the GTP parts would work...

I am not sure all of the GTP parts will work. I think that actual engine is the first generation supercharged 3.8L. I think it has the M62 rather than M90 supercharger. Not to say you couldn't retrofit the late model GTP powerplant / parts. Just be aware it is not quite the same engine as the '97+ L67.

riviera

pre-97 motors were gen 1, those had m62 and not much after market for them, those had like 200hp

97 and up were gen 2 240hp 280tq and m90, all parts were interchangeable with other L67 motors. (GTP, SSei, riviera, park avenue ultra, regal gs)
Hope that helps

The SSEi, LSS, Park Avenue Ultra, and Riviera got the L67 Series 2 in 96, GTP and GS got it in 97, monte and Impala SS in 04 and the GTP got the Series 3 L32 in 04. I love the Riv interiors and luxo features! Almost bought a 98 for 3500, went back the next day after driving it and the salesman that took me for the test drive had bought it...............

Back