Rear Bumper black paint fix?

"Ok all you Pro Painters"

On my 90 SC on the back Bumper insert the black area paint is coming off showing yellow plastic my question? What is best to use to paint it without lifting the stock black paint?

Probably not the "best" fix, but...

I had some spots where the yellow was showing through a few years back and I did a little touch-up with some black "model airplane" paint (Testor's, I think). I know there is black trim paint available in spray cans at the auto parts stores, I used it to repaint the side mirrors on my mother-in-law's N/A TBird and on the black trim around the door windows on my SHO. It worked out fine. It may also be available in one of those little touch-up bottles from Dupli-Color.

Sorry, I don't have a more professional response...

Jim,

If your talking about the black trim that is on both doors and wraps around the rear bumper cover. I got tired of touching up the paint on mine, and had the entire thing covered with black vinly. It been that way for two years and still looks great. You wouldn't think it would work, but the vinly will stretch enough to conform to the contour of the molding without leaving any wrinkels, and it sticks better than paint..

David

Go to an auto body supply store and ask for the SEM bumper paint. They should have in an aerosol rattle can in the exact color to match the original finish. I have used these products over the years and they work very well. Just be sure to remove any flaking paint and sand the area to be painted. They may also have the primer for the exposed plastic.

Good luck

Bryan

Thanks Guys

"Great help thanks"

David Niebert, Larry Griggs, Bryan, Thank you all for the info I found what my Dad used to touch it up last time SEM Urethane Bumper Coater in a spray can like Bryan talked about. David I will check with Signes/Now see if they can make a vinal strip for it nice idea thanks

Back