the bird flys again!

bigcletus94

I drove it home from the dealer tonight. First time driving it in over 6 months! Doesn't have much power though:( and the temp gauge needle was all over the place. I had to keep Max A/C on so the fan would cool it. I know the radiator cap needs to be replaced and I need to find out how to bleed the air out of the cooling system....maybe that will keep it running cooler. The dealer says it is still not at 100% and may never be due to my "poor workmanship". They say the injectors are lean?,IAC valve is erratic, and they don't think the cam position sensor is positioned correctly. They charged me $460 to change 2 plugs and the coil pack. What a rip off. Oh well, if I can work out the bugs, maybe it'll be be a good driver again.

Sounds like you were ripped off from the Ford dealership; but that seems unsuprising by the number of posts that also have been. As far as the cooling system, a bad radiator cap will definately cause overheating, as will air in the system. check your overflow tank-hose, and if its not clogged the air in the system should relieve itself after a few days of driving.. that is, after replacing the rad cap. Did Ford say why the injectors were lean? Perhaps they can be helped with a bottle of fuel system cleaner. They could be running lean if they're dirty enough. Also check the fuel filter and pump. If you are having a power problem after solving these issues, a vaccuum leak could be the cause.

Back