was sunrise red clearcoat metallic paint an option?

FastSC

In 1993 only, Ford offered this color on the V6 and V8 LX Thunderbirds, the paint code was FC. I have never seen a super coupe this color, and I wondered if it was available. Anyone know?

Brian

Yep, if it's the red/pink color. There is an SC her in Colorado that I actually need to get down and help work on after the holidays. I will check the paint code to give a definite. It's keep as a show car. I will have to look for some pictures from our meet this year.

here are a few pics of what it looks like on an LX. Let me know if a super coupe version exists, I have never seen one. As far as I know, it's only a 1993 color and the only interiors were black or red.

Brian

Attachments

• sunrise.jpg
    sunrise.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 1,326
  • sunrise2.jpg
    sunrise2.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 422
  • sunset3.jpg
    sunset3.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 612
Last edited:
Big No!!!

FastSC said:
In 1993 only, Ford offered this color on the V6 and V8 LX Thunderbirds, the paint code was FC. I have never seen a super coupe this color, and I wondered if it was available. Anyone know?

Brian

There were only five colors available that year....

Black, Crimson red, white, silver and Twilight Blue. These were the ONLY colors available for the car.

Sorry......

Don...

P.S. It wasn't even available for t-Bird for 93. The only red available was Crimson Red.

Don, are you saying the only colors for Super Coupes were Black, Crimson red, white, silver and Twilight Blue or for ALL 93 Thunderbirds? I know for a fact the LX had Sunrise Red as an option, but I think it was only 93. If it was an LX color but not a super coupe color, that would explain why I have never seen a SC in that color.

Teal was available in 93, Rodney Bushong (rodney92sc) has a 93 5 speed.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 297
According to....

Go to the SC Literature section on the main board and click on the brochures...click on 93 and take a look. Heck, maybe Ford played around with adding some colors!!!

Don

I think '93 was a weird year for exterior paint colors and interior color combinations. I believe Peter Dennis' old '93 had that sunrise/pinkish red color on his.

Yes the red/pink was on a 93 Thunderbird SC. The color was not listed in the Thunderbird brochure, just like the teal was not. I have personally have seen a 93 thunderbird sc with that color. It was years ago back in Columbus. I might have a picture at home.

Ken

I think pete's SC was crimson clearcoat, which was different than sunrise red and electric red. I guess Ford had a lot of different Red's available.

Back