ARP Head/Main Stud Torque Specs?

Hock

What are they?

Need for intallation of the studs and for when I install the heads and main caps.

For the ARP head studs IF you are using the molly lube that comes with them or Lucas oil treatment, then I torgued mine at 35, 55, 75 then waited ten minutes and checked the 75. I checked the torque 3 times before they where consistent.

I haven't had a problem with my car yet with the above.

Frit

ARP specs say....70 lbs with arp moly assembly lube...85 lbs with 30 wt motor oil....with aluminum heads 65lbs with arp moly lube.

hope this help ya,
Scott

Alright, got the crank and pistons installed today. But I want to make sure that I did this right before I go further. I torqued the main studs to 125 ft/lbs per the ARP 2005 catalog. I screwed the studs in the block then installed the main caps and torqued them down that way. Then I removed the main caps and put the crank in and torqued it down to 80 ft/lbs. Was that the correct way to do it?

Also, how the hell do I install the head stud? Is it the same way? If so, when do I install the head gasket, before or after I get the initial tq on the studs?

Back