check engine light but...

93thunderbird

i finally fixed my "fuel problem" the line had a crack in it,(still wont pass 40 psi wot) but after fixing it i got a check engine light but the car still would buck under boost n a lil worse now.. went, got it scanned (anti theft,and mas air) dunno whats up wit the anto theft but i put a new mas air on and it ran better untill i went for a test drive and its doing the same thing again... (those codes were pulled wit the car off) the car wouldnt let the computer work with a "run test" the guy either said i have a wiring problem or my computer is shot?! what do u guys think? its a 90sc 5spd

what kind of scanner was the tech using? i know if i use my snap on scanner with the wrong ford adapter it does the same thing as you describe.
however if the tech was using a ngs (ford new generation star) scanner and it did that you may have a problem. did you write down the dtc's?
if so i can help you with some pinpoint tests. as for the lack of fuel pressure,
you want to make sure you have a good fuel filter and your fuel pressure regulator is working normal. while testing your fuel pressure at idle disconnect
the vacuum hose from the regulator, you should see a sharp increase in pressure. let me know the dtc's and fuel pressure readings.

thx for ur reply

umm im not sure what scanner he used(it has a very large screen,screen had sum color in it with red rubber sides) also has like a green,yellow,red, maybe 1 or 2 other colors at the top that were circle like.. (dunno if they did anything just explaning it)and no i didnt write down the codes witch prob would help, he is one of the best around and a personal friend so i know he wanst just blowing me off... as far as the fuel filter and reg. there both brand new.. from ford

the maf code could very well be a result of the bucking. It will post a dtc due to the higher rpm and then dropped air flow. the maf is probably fine, just confused.

Shawn...

Call me and we'll get together and scan the codes. I have a Snap-on scanner and will scan the codes for you.

Don

Back