massive steam?????

91ScDrIvEr

I'm having a steam out of the over flow tank the steam is massivly coming from the tank cap the car stays cool doesn't go Past the R .... I just recently put a new cap and thermostat in and I'm not smoking from the pipes and no water in the oil. Just hoping its not the beginning of a bad head gasket well let me know what you guys think and if you guys have a possible fix. Thank you in advance
Dave

Last edited:
how long has it been since the new t-STAT?
could be just air pockets...hopefully

91ScDrIvEr said:
Past the R .... I just recently put a new cap and thermostat in and I'm not smoking from the pipes and no water in the oil. Just hoping its not the beginning of a bad head gasket well let me know what you guys think and if you guys have a possible fix. Thank you in advance
Dave

Ah.....might I ask where the massive steam is coming from (the location)? Kinda hard to diagnose without the information required to assist you.

My temp gauge wouldn't go past R either. But she was overheating, verified by an infrared temp gun, and the fact that all the coolant was boiling over into the overflow tank. Thermostat was stuck partially closed, replaced it, no more boiling over....Now if i could only find the gauge sender, i'll be set.

Back