won't start

nickleman60

i pull my car into the garage and installed a mp raised top and a double intercooler and now i can't get it started.i put on new i/c gaskets from tbird88 and used permatex copper rvt for the top.i took off the double i/c and put the stock i/c on and removed the raised top and resealed it make sure and it still won't start. what the heck,can someone give me an idea of what to do?

Believe it or not I have had something similar happen to me. I pulled the car in the garage and then it wouldnt start. I checked my fuel pressure and that was it. Fuel pump had gone out.... I always start with fuel and spark. See if I am getting those and then go from there.

Can be fuel filter as well. I assume you've checked your battery, corrosion on terminals, if the terminals connected.
I don't believe that it has anything to do with raised top and DIC installation. :eek:

Jason Wild said:
did you happen to undo the harnes that bolts down to the front left corner of the top?
Jason, I don't have one on my car...what's that for? Ground?

car cranks fine.like i said earlier, it's getting fuel and spark.what are you talking about that bolts to the top?

I have had my DIS go out also and it acted like that. I just swapped one in and it fired up. I do know that if it is the cam sensor it will keep firing the differant coils until it gets the right one and starts. I had that happen on my wifes car and then swapped in a new Cam sensor. I have been lucky so far and not had a problem with the crank sensor yet.... Knock on wood!!!

Payton I'm sure you have maybe it just not there any more who knows and who cares.
There is a harnes that has a braket that bolts down at the front left corner and can come undone or taken apart when changing a sc top. The car will turn over and have spark and fuel but will not run.
I did a pic showing the area it is in not the best pic.

Attachments

• neibert4sm copy.jpg
    neibert4sm copy.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 74
Let's asume that this pieace on the corner of the top is attached, cam sensor, DIS module are fine. We have spark, we have fuel, battery is fine, started is fine.
What can it be then? Need some help!:rolleyes:

Back