System Self-Test ?'s

phyxius

i have a ?, what and where is the FLOOR button on the control assembly mentionted in the System Self-Test.also what is meant in a code E3 In-vehicle sensor open.

1.Turn ignition switch to the ON position.

2.Depress the FLOOR button on the control assembly.

3.Slide the blower switch to HI.

4.Push both the COOL and WARM buttons Simultaneously for three seconds
until "--" appears in the control window.

if you have the 95 it won't work i don't know about the 94 but on the 95 no dice unless mine was working and wouldn't self test hope my rambling helps

guess i should of stated that my car is a 91 SC and that i have an E3 code but have no ideas why.but thanks for the info

The floor button is the 3rd from the right (directs heat to the floor as opposed to the windshield, re: defrost).

SC'sons Greetings all...

thanks Paul93SC that explains it i guess wasn't taking it literal enough.i thought there was some thing like a button on the floor. man do i feel like a dope for bothering every one about this.

now dose any one know what an E3 (In-vehicle sensor open) meens in layman's terms cause i have no clue.it was fine till i removed my instrument cluster but have checked it and it all works fine.

Last edited:
phyxius said:
Now does any one know what an E3 (In-vehicle sensor open) meens in layman's terms cause i have no clue.it was fine till i removed my instrument cluster but have checked it and it all works fine.
I take it that this is the auto temp controll unit you're talking about.
Did you make sure you reconnected everthing? I believe you'll find the inside temp sensor wire may not be pluged in. This is the plug that is underneith the white temp sensor tube that mounts behind the little grill in the dash face. Or the white tube is not pluged in.
Hope this helps.

Back