Battery Cable Length

Melon

SCCoA Member
Anyone know the length of both battery cables? I've been fighting a corrosion problem and am going to replace the entire cable this time but not sure how long to get. I'm not near my car, otherwise I'd just go out and measure myself.

Thanks
-Melon

The neg. is around 3 feet. (driver side engine block to batt.) The pos. is around 2 feet (starter relay on fender to batt.). If you don't get near your car by tomorrow I'll go out and measure them exact since both mine are removed!:D

-Jeremy

I doubt I'll be near it :D If you can measure, that would be great. Just so I can get an idea of how long to get.

Thanks
-Melon

I measured the pos. cable with it off my car. It's 2ft. 10". The neg. is about
4-1/2 ft. long.

Not sure if they are still available, but I replaced my battery cables with factory Ford cables. They weren't that expensive, but I don't remember the price.

Thanks Jeremy

And it might be worth a shot Kurt - perhaps I'll swing past the local dealership tomorrow.

-Melon

Melon said:
Thanks Jeremy

And it might be worth a shot Kurt - perhaps I'll swing past the local dealership tomorrow.

-Melon

Definatelly let us know my friend as I might want to replace mine on the 89 before putting the engine in.

Nope - And I missed this post a few days ago...

I'm going to get the battery cables in the next few days and I'll let you know what I find out.

-Melon

I stopped by the dealership and they have been since discontinued. There is still a few dealerships in the country that have both, but not too many. One cable was $33 and the other one was $51.

I'm going to look at getting some cables from O'Rielly's or something - I'm betting dollars to donuts that it will be cheaper that way.

-Melon

Back