does this look like norm vac?

93thunderbird

i took a pic of my boost/vac, runs good (bucks under boost, anything past 40psi or fuel pressure) changed the spark plugs n wire wasnt the problem... i was thinking maybe a vac leak

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 115
okay just sprang to mind, might be worth checking. Is your blower belt slipping? They don't always make noise.

I'm still leaning towards the pressure/vacuum switch (MAP sensor). I'll get you what info I can find on testing it.

93thunderbird said:
i took a pic of my boost/vac, runs good (bucks under boost, anything past 40psi or fuel pressure) changed the spark plugs n wire wasnt the problem... i was thinking maybe a vac leak

I have those same gauges and read about the same vac, with no problems or no leaks i can detect

You can test with a volt meter that measures frq in Hz. no doubt worth checking. Check between the BK/W wire and a good ground.

Attachments

• bp-map freq.gif
    bp-map freq.gif
    20.9 KB · Views: 40
We don't have a MAP sensor, ours is a BAP sensor and has no input from the manifold to determine pressure. On an SC I believe it's only function is to measure the barometric pressure and make the necessary corrections for the motor to run correctly at various altitudes.

David

I dunno according to alldata(somedata) some do. Even at that an inaccurate baro reading could also cause this if it were WAY out of range.

Back