Speedometers

walunsf

:confused: I'm sure this has been asked before but i can't check this forum as often as i like. Is the later style speedometer (140 MPH) a direct bolt in for the earlier style (120 MPH)? If not, what would be required to make it fit and work?

The 94-95 SC speedo (Ford part # F4SZ-17255-C) is a direct bolt in for the early models. I have one in my '89. Can't remember the exact price, but definately over the $100 mark.

Some people have used the 160 MPH SHO speedo, but I believe it requires some mods and the green lighting does not exactly match.

gldiii said:
The 94-95 SC speedo (Ford part # F4SZ-17255-C) is a direct bolt in for the early models. I have one in my '89. Can't remember the exact price, but definately over the $100 mark.

Hi there.. I am just curious... when you say direct Bolt in... are there any gears that need to be changed.. or can I take the old speedo out.. and plug this 140mph in and still have the correct reading... at any speed

Karl

No need to change gears as both the 120 and the 140 use the same gear (for the ring and pinion in use). The 140 justs reads higher on the scale!

This is truly a bolt in swap!

Back