4500Rpm Clutch Chatter?

Sam Woodson

Just got the car about 10 days ago. I was told the car has been gone through, mostly everything but the block is new. I noticed a clicking noise at 4500 Rpm and above and asked the Previous Owner about it. He said it concernced him at first, he pulled the tranny again (that had just been rebuilt) put it all back together and it still happened. He stated that he researched it and it was a common problem with the Centerforce clutch.

Does this sound legitimate? I've never had Clutch chatter on any vehicle before including a previous Tbird SC 5spd.

Here are the details of the car:
Magnum Powers MPII Ported blower, Magnum Powers Intake Plenum, Magnum Powers 85 MM Throttle body, Motorcraft 36 LB injectors, 190 fuel pump, SVO 1.7 roller rockers, Centerforce clutch, B&M Ripper Shifter, SCI Underdrive pullies, Heartland Tensioner pullies, BHJ balancer, new Motorcraft DIS, Motorcraft wires, Motorcraft Plugs, Intercooler fan, K&N, ARP studs, new head gaskets, NOS heads, Magnum Powers Raised Blower Top, new radiator, hoses, belts, new motor mounts, new trans mount, IAC, TPS, everything is new

Any information appreciated.

Thanks,
Sam

Back