PDA

View Full Version : Sick of Theives

BARTHWY59
12-27-2005, 04:08 PM
Monday 12/26 at noon ..i park my 90 s/c in my loading dock for 5 minuutes..come out and some scumbag has stolen my one new headlight. this is not an isolated area .. i'm beside a freeway 100 yards off the las vegas strip. Sooo if you see somebody with a new passenger headlight .. please go kick it in. :D BTW .. this is probably the 10th time my cars have been broken into here. merry xmas

Ddubb
12-27-2005, 05:01 PM
Dont feel too bad, I just had my $1200 Stereo stolen out of my car while I was at work on 12/23. I would have much rather had a headlight stolen instead. :rolleyes:

darkstar_one
12-27-2005, 05:19 PM
who the hell would steal a headlight? **** that is low!

midnitethunder
12-27-2005, 05:58 PM
Monday 12/26 at noon ..i park my 90 s/c in my loading dock for 5 minuutes..come out and some scumbag has stolen my one new headlight. this is not an isolated area .. i'm beside a freeway 100 yards off the las vegas strip. Sooo if you see somebody with a new passenger headlight .. please go kick it in. :D BTW .. this is probably the 10th time my cars have been broken into here. merry xmas
u should move some where else omg 10 times jesus just move

Roadhawg
12-27-2005, 06:03 PM
Atleast ...... What happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas

Payton
12-27-2005, 06:26 PM
Atleast ...... What happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas
Few years ago my car got broken into 3 times in a month period. The sad part that there were nothing valuable inside, but I had to replace the driver side windows all the time...

Mike8675309
12-27-2005, 06:40 PM
Did any of these cars with thefts have security systems in them, if so which ones so we know what not to get.

ThunderDave
12-27-2005, 07:17 PM
I didn't know the headlights could be taken out in 5 minutes.:confused:

Now you should get two new ones.:D

Ddubb
12-27-2005, 07:30 PM
Did any of these cars with thefts have security systems in them, if so which ones so we know what not to get.

I have a factory alarm. The kind where it goes off when you open the door, no shock sensors or anything like that. The people who stole my stereo didnt even open the door, they smashed the passanger side window, leaned into the car and ripped open the dash. They opened the glove box and center console. They put a bunch of scratches on the door from leaning inside. When I started looking over my car, after the fact, I saw the doors were still locked and everything. We have a motion sensor light outside of the door to my work, but that didnt stop them - its been happening for a while where I work at, these guys are bold and stupid. They break into cars in broad daylight and steal whatever is at arms length .. one persons car they broke into had $2000 in cash and a laptop computer in plain sight that they didnt go for .. instead they took a gym bag with some football equipment. Stupid criminals.

Swade
12-27-2005, 07:49 PM
this is not an isolated area .. i'm beside a freeway 100 yards off the las vegas strip.

There's your problem! One block away from the strip and you are in one of the worst parts of the city.

Just kidding man that really sucks, it still could have been worse though! Not much hope in finding them i guess and the cops would probrably die laughing if you tried to get their help. Well like the other guy said, now you should just get two new ones. Good Luck!

XR7inWI
12-28-2005, 09:57 AM
If that were MY car and I lived/worked in an area like that I would have installed a top end security alarm LONG before it was hit 10 times. But that's the biggest reason I live in a small town of less than a thousand people.... everyone knows everyone.

Hell, most people around here don't even take the keys out of the ignition when the park their car/truck. Even at gas stations/convenient store, or when parked for a couple hours in front of the local bar. We just don't have that problem here.

My vehicles, however, are NEVER left unattended with keys in ignition and doors are almost ALWAYS locked. It may be a very low crime area, but I still don't take chances. Besides, if someone tries my door and finds it locked, they would just move on as they are sure to find the next car will be unlocked and probably have the keys in it.

Tracy