Million Dollar ?

SCTIM

Ok, i am having a problem with my 90 sc auto...i recently purchased the car knowing it had a problem...The car is lacking power, mainly after boost. i found a paper in the car saying the car needed new cats put on before anymore testing could be done, this also stated that new plugs,wires,and fuel and air filter were installed prior to me buying the car..The kid i bought it off of was apparently chasing the same problem, and couldn't afford to do it anymore..So i dropped the exhaust,and gutted the cats, to find out it still did the same thing...after doing a fuel pressure test, i found out i was only getting 20 lbs at idle, so i dropped the tank and changed the pump and screne to only have the same problem again...Well today i decided to rip the top end apart, and change the fuel pressure regulator, and the fuel rail from a spare engine i have sitting in my dads garage(what a pain in the a-- that was). Well guess what,,,still doing the same thing...

If anyone can shed any light on this subject, i would greatly appreciate it...I have been talking with Ken Seegers and Dave Ward, and we all seem a little stumpped with this...

Oh and the car is not throwing any check engine lights, just stalling and loosing power....:mad:

Hmmm-all that work-and didn't change the filter?? ALWAYS change the filter when you have the fuel system open-will save a lot of hassle. I would change the filter first, before you drop the tank.;)

Back