Miss under any boost after wires etc....

Chuck AZ

First off I have read and searched the board for answers but have not found anyone with the exact same problem.

I have just changed the wires from stock to Taylor 8mm wires which I have read is just as good as stock. I had a bad boot on one wire so that is what lead me to change them out. I also have changed the tranny lines to steel braided and AN fittings at the same time. (not that that will matter)

After the wire change I have a stange miss/loss of power. Driving under normal conditions, NO BOOST, car runs smooth a babies ~~~ but under any boost, even 1 LB, it imediatly bucks. After the buck it does some strange idleing like something is making it stuck in a "load" like I am going up a steep hill. When I give it any gas it has absoloutly no power! So I pull over and turn it off and start it up again and it runs fine until I get into boost again.

I Know I will check the wires and fuel regulator and plugs. IC tubes are sealed up. I was wondering, it seems like a "valve" is stuck like the bypass may be stuck closed after is give it any boost. Is this possible.

Thanks

Chuck

you did reattach them correctly righ??

**front of car**

3 6
2 5
1 4
**front of car**

anythng else u chaged

I haven't used Taylor wires myself, but I do recall reading a while back that someone else had a similar problem and, ended up reducing the size of their plug gap from the stock 052" to something like 045". It might be just a difference in the resistance of the wires. Otherwise I think you are going to have to double check the condition of your plugs.

ect

Wires are on correctly.

I am going to check the plugs today.

I did notice the PCV hoses are cracked and need to be replaced. I am sure that would not cause this porblem but it is just another thing.

I swear when you work on a sc you find so much S&*^$% that needs to be replaced.

I had a problem somewhat similar although not exact. Ran fine without boost but started bucking as soon as I got into boost. The difference is that it returned immediately to running fine when I dropped out of boost. The problem turned out to be plugs. They had gotten fouled while trying to pass emissions tests and using some cans of cleaning crap through the intake. It might be a plug for you. I doubt it's the wires. They've got to be as good as the Motorcraft even though the Motorcraft are fine wires.

Jon

how is ur vacuum? how many inches is it pulling? a broken or cracked pcv hose. passenger side. will cause headaches.

Cam

I have Fred Cam in the car so my vaccum is not what it was as a stock SC but I am pulling 10 inches at idle in drive and probably 13 in park. This off the stock guage which I know is off a little.

I am going to pull the plugs and replace all vaccum lines tonight.

Chuck

Ditto, what a lot of people said already. I put new plugs and wires in and I got the exact thing you are mentioning. Maybe you accidentally cracked one of the insulators on the plugs. If it was running fine before you replaced wires, I would try putting the old ones back on just to eliminate the new wires as being the problem. New stuff isn't always perfect. If your old wires don't fix the problem, I would invest in some new plugs. My .02.

plugs

Well I replaced the plugs with Champ double plats. and also found a couple of cracked hoses in the vaccum side. I have replace all hoses with steel braided lines and gained about 1-1.5 inches of vaccum the miss is mostly gone under boost with new plugs. I think the SC belt may be slipping a bit as well.

Note to all New SCer's Supercharged Cars require perfect ignition systems so always check and replace plugs and wires first!

Chuck

If you are still pulling low vacuum ( @ idle in Park or Drive I would expect to see atleast 15" and, say minimum 18" in neutral; with no a/c or defroster on) I would look for a small leak around the SC top or one of the IC pipe joints. I had the same thing a while back in my '93 and it was both a couple of cracked plug insulators and a dried out gasket sealer on the raised top. Drove me nuts for weeks.

Back