part of my balancer is stuck on how do i get it off??

super89

half of the back nose of my balancer broke of and is stuck on there i cant figure out how to get it off to get my new one on plz help

thanks,
BILL

Go get a 3-Jaw pulley puller like the one you would use to take the blower pulley off. You should be able to rent one for AutoZone or any corresponding store.

no i got the balancer off but the part that broke is stuuck like half way down the crack shaft end that stickin out of the engine

I understand that. The puller I am talking about is the one with the three arms that you use to pull supercharger pullies off with. You take the jaws and put them behind the broken part then put the end of the threaded stud from the puller on the end of the crank where the crank bolt goes and pull it off that way.

You might have to take the timing cover off......:(

Then you might be able to get a 3 jaw puller on it...

There isn't a lot of clearance between the balancer and timing chain.....

Be very careful if you are going to try prying the piece off the crank....

You might try heating it up a little or you might try splitting the piece in half....

Remove timing cover and use 3 jaw puller to remove lower timing gear which will pull the remaining balancer sleeve with it. It's more work but you wont damage the crank. I had to do this on my 89 SC.

Jerry

Back