Anybody have these torque specs?: Knock sensor, oil pres sender tube +

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
IM reattaching these today, i cant seem to find the specs in my shop manual or in any thread here when i searched.

I need the knock sensor torque and the oil pressure sender...not of teh actual sender (i have that one) but the stud to which it attaches. The one that actually bolts onto the block. Also, the crank sensor bracket. Any help appreciated! Thanx!

You don't need torque specs for those, just tighten them. Use a 3/8 ratchet for them and you won't worry about over tightening.

CMac89 said:
You don't need torque specs for those, just tighten them. Use a 3/8 ratchet for them and you won't worry about over tightening.

Agreed...save your torque wrench for the rod and main bearing caps, heads and intake manifold. Everything else can be done by feel.

David

David Neibert said:
Agreed...save your torque wrench for the rod and main bearing caps, heads and intake manifold. Everything else can be done by feel.

David
Maybe balancer and flywheel bolts too, lol.:)

snug you said? I should have listened...ended up snapping the knock sensor tip inside the base :p . Oh well...i grabed the base and sensor out of my other spare engine...wont happen again i tell you that!:D

Back