Experimental Eaton Supercharger

rzimmerl

Experimental Eaton Supercharger??(square port), dated 12-1988

I bought this off of Ebay last week, its kinda different from what I have seen. Its a square port charger but has some casting numbers on the outlet along with an eaton tag on the side. The inlet plenum is cast but is not painted if you look at the bypass hose its different than traditional, the TB also has a Eaton sticker date 12/14/1988. Anybody have any info or help me figure out what this is. I dont think it has ever been used, and the SC inlet seems to be larger and taper to the bottom.

Last edited:
I had to tear it apart because the rotors would not turn and here are some other things that I have not seen before. The rotor gears have machined recesses on both sides,

Last edited:
If Eaton had this in 1988 I wonder why they used the oval port for 89-93? Guess it needed more testing or they had a big stack of oval port blowers already made. Every time I see anything other than the oval port I realize how much my bird needs an upgrade.

Hey, I don't mean to thread jack, but I made a thread with some questions about the Eaton M90 and got no responses, please help if you can. I just got a replacement SC off of one of my friend's totalled Pontiac GTP. Could someone tell me where to find components for anything relating to the Eaton M90. I cannot find it anywhere on the net, besides brand new kits. Is there some kind of website where they sell things such as replacement gears etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:( You ~~~~~ .I was bidding on that and fell asleep!!!

The 1988 date code is on the TB so I dont see it meaning much.
It is a 94-95.You got it at a very good price.Good luck..

does it have the stamp

does it have the eaton stamp? i have an prototype motor and a proto type 94 blower i just put in my 90 sc and my blower is rough cast with a eaton stamp on the side.

Its still a little different than my other late model blower I have. The casting marks on the outlet side, and the bypass valve machined surface are different, the eaton tag that is riveted with a serial number and assy. number

You have to remember that there is a LONG lead time associated with all these projects. As an example I have some "stuff" that indicates that changes were being made to the factory engine assembly procedure in Nov. 1991 for the 1994 version SC engine. I am not surprised at all that Eaton may have been making planned changes in the supercharger as far back as 88 for something not to be released until 1994. There is durability testing, emissions testing, NVH testing, dyno development etc etc etc etc that all has to take place before the engine is released for production. Then add the Eaton time delays into the mix and you see what you see.

Back