Help!!!

rzibilske77

Ok just as things couldn't get worse, i now have rod knocking(quite loud)
ok its my 95 that has this, Can i pull the engine out of my 35th?
whats different, i know i want to keep the 95 sc on...let me know if this swap can be done, well it can but how much to change?
What other options are out there as in remanufactured motors?
Im really not into tearing this one down, its at 151k, so i just much rather lose it.

Well.......You can swap the engine from the 35th into the 95 but you will have your work cut-out for you. Here are some of the differences I can think of off the top of my head. The DIS system is different so you need the harmonic balancer from a 94-95. The Accessory bracket with jackshaft is different between the two engines. I think the AC Compressor Mounting is also slightly different so another reason to swap it to the 90 engine. The 90 had 3 wire O2 sensors and the 95 has 4 wire O2 sensors. Both most likely have EGR. I would be looking at swapping the entire engine harness over from the 95 engine to the 90 including the fuel injector rail wiring and fuel injectors if you intend to use the 95 Supercharger on the 90 engine. I think the 90's still had the heated throttle bodies with the coolant hose running through it but the 95 did not. Not sure if all the sensor calibrations are the same across that spread of model years. I would do a PN match check for all sensors and swap the ones that did not match to the 90 engine.

Timing cover

You will also need to use the timing cover from the '94 engine because the crank sensor is mounted in a different way and the '90 timing cover does not have the correct bolt holes, like duffy said you will have a little work cut out for you but not too bad. Not that is matters much but it is much easier to put a 94-95 engine in early model.

The 95 has a stud gurdle on the lower end and dont forget about the better blower setup on the 95 compared to the 90.

Shane

yea, it sounds much easier to just get me a reman motor,also im not really wanting to break down my 35th...though i NEED it SOLD!!
so should I contact Victor, or is there other options I have out there that are worthy?
Thanks

IMO your much better off finding a good shop or somebody that knows SC engines and having your engine rebuilt. I had a remanufactured short block put in my 94 when it was still under warranty and it was pretty much junk from the get. They replaced that one (still under warranty) and it wasn't much better. I have heard of other bad stories of remanufactured SC engines.

Back