racing

badtoyz

I was just wanting to know if anybody was going to the race track on the jan1st and if they are still going to be open my sc has been parked alll winter and if its nice it would like to get out and play at the track! Cordova Drag parks Hangover fest v gates open at 11 am and racing starts at noon free aspirin if you dont feel to good! Plus its only $10 to race!There website is www.cordovadrag.com

badtoyz said:
I was just wanting to know if anybody was going to the race track on the jan1st and if they are still going to be open my sc has been parked alll winter and if its nice it would like to get out and play at the track! Cordova Drag parks Hangover fest v gates open at 11 am and racing starts at noon free aspirin if you dont feel to good! Plus its only $10 to race!There website is www.cordovadrag.com
Yep, I'm planning on going!!! Zippy and two others may also go!

Call or email me and we can talk over the details. We were thinking about leaveing CR around 9:30

Looks good for drag racing at Cordova Illinois new years days.

The rain is not 'spoze to hit the area until after dark and they are forcasting mid 30's for the high temp.

We're still planning on leaving my house at 9:00 - 9:15 so if you want ot cruise as a group, be there!!!!!

"This is gonna be great" ............ :D

I will be coming down in the morning I should be there by 8:30 talk to you then. It looks like Great racing weather:) No ice for the blower to cool down just open the hood!

90blkbrd said:
Well don't keep everyone in suspense...How did it go?
It was an absolute blast .... Those of you who missed it, missed the best racing of the year!!!!

The 38 degree weather was real nice (except of the 15 mph head wind) and the car count was around 200. There were three SC's there Including Bruce and myself.

Personally, I was undefeated all day. There were some mean "hot rods" there, but most of the cars, trucks, and SUV's were running in the 15's - 17's. There was a Ford F350 4x4 Crewcab w/Powerstroke running in the 13's :eek: and it was fun to watch his spank two different Dodge Deisels'

The track was a bit slick (no track prep) but It was still a blast. I'd recomend HangoverFest to ANYONE .....

Last edited:
I had a great time the track! It was slick for alittle bit then with more rubber being laid down it got alot better. I will go down next year if it's nice! It's nice to get the SC out and race. So I Cleaned the snow off and took it out and made her happy now. Now it gos back to sitting for the rest of the winter. But I can't wait for spring to go racing some more:) The only bad thing is I pushed the limit on the tree and red lighted once now I now when not to go:eek: Frist time for every thing.

badtoyz said:
I had a great time the track! ..............
.......... I pushed the limit on the tree and red lighted once. now I now when not to go:eek: Frist time for every thing.
Bruce, Like I always say, you have to push the line to find out where it is ..... I even have a photo of it and the photo came out great!!!!!

I thought that lady was going to have a heart-attack when she saw you in shorts ........ :D :D :D

Attachments

• bruce-red.jpg
    bruce-red.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 69
Hangoverfest V

Hey Mike and Bruce, it's Mike and Andrew from Hangoverfest V. Just dropping in to say hi and thanks for the info on the AOD Shuffle! Hopefully in the spring when the temps are back up into the 70's I'll be able to hook up on the track. Overall it was a blast and plan on going back next year.;)

Mike and Andrew,
It was good to see you at Hangoverfest. I'm glad you guys had as much fun as Bruce and I did ... You have a little over 4 months to work on the AOD Shuffle before TriState open for Club Clash XI. :)

As they used to say in school ... There will be a test .. and it will be worth 30% of your final grade :D :D Just Kiddin' ... I hope you can make it!!!

Here's a shot I took of your car. If you want a 1600x1200 copy of it, just let me know, and I'll email it to you.

Attachments

• Mike-n-Andrew.JPG
    Mike-n-Andrew.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 59
Gald to meet new people mike and andrew hope to see ya all in the future Glad to see mike got my first red light:eek: It had to come some time now I have a pic of it.

One funny story from the day:

I was standing in front of my car in the staging lanes when I overheard a conversation that the two guys in the next car were having.

The 1st guy says, "Hay, where did you get this car"?
The 2nd guy says, i just went down this morning and rented it for 29.95 for the day. It costed an extra 25.00 for full insurance, but if I blow it up they will bring me a replacement at no charge .......... I just cant tell them I was racing it :D

OMG!!!! Why didn't I think of that!!! Hee, hee, hee ....

Now thats what I call a set of Brass B@lls .........

Back