fuel pump question

skydivr7673

Hi all--I have noticed that there are several mentions of going with a 255lph fuel pump on these cars. Is this a good improvement on an otherwise stock car, or would I be wasting money on it? I am getting a 95 5 speed and the only mods it has under the hood are a CAI and a K&N filter. Is the stock pump sufficient or weak?

If I recall the 94/95 cars had a larger stock pump than the early model SC's. At any rate if you intend to leave the car mostly stock then the stock pump will work just fine. If you have a bunch of upgrades planned in the future than the 255 hi output pump is probably your best bet.

fuel pump make?

One mechanic I know warned me to stay away from aftermarket fuel pumps - saying that they are often very prone to problems. Now I know that a lot of guys have installed 190 and 255 fuel pumps on their SC's - and I have never noticed any posts complaining about their aftermarket fuel pumps giving trouble - but having said that, what brand of fuel pump have people with SC's had the best success with?

Also - when installing an upgraded fuel pump - is it not necessary to also install an upgraded regulator?

vytas said:
One mechanic I know warned me to stay away from aftermarket fuel pumps - saying that they are often very prone to problems. Now I know that a lot of guys have installed 190 and 255 fuel pumps on their SC's - and I have never noticed any posts complaining about their aftermarket fuel pumps giving trouble - but having said that, what brand of fuel pump have people with SC's had the best success with?

Also - when installing an upgraded fuel pump - is it not necessary to also install an upgraded regulator?

Walbro is probably the most popular brand, and no change to regulator is required when going to a larger pump.

David

Back