View Full Version : Ball Joint Boots

01-03-2006, 07:25 PM
The little rubber boots on the ball joints on my 94 sc are cracked and split. Does anybody know where to get something to replace them w/o replacing the whole ball joint?

Thanks alot!

01-03-2006, 11:49 PM
Nope; you've got to buy the entire upper control arm/ball joint assembly. If the boots are cracked, there's an excellent chance the ball joints are shot anyway. You can get them at any parts store for around $70/ea.


01-06-2006, 08:33 PM
that sucks. The ball joints are in perfect shape, the car doesn't get wet so there's no rust, and they were still full of grease. And there's not a whole lot of mileage on em.

Jeff Bratton
01-06-2006, 09:08 PM
Yes.... there are boots you can buy from those "HELP" sections that are in your parts houses. I know that Autozone for sure has them cause I purchsed a set for myself. http://www.dormanproducts.com/cgi-bin/vm91corp30r/cat_search1.w?sid=0x016cc954&clt=hwrap1&vsrch_str=&vsrch_cat=Dust%20Boots&vsrch_brand=all&vsrch_range=&st_amount=&end_amount=&from_page=search&category_no=1008&sku=&category_list=1472%3A1008&vfrom=&vtime=72041&item_no=

Hope this helps!

Jeff B.