Q on headgaskets

mywhite89

I am planning on beefing the motor up on my sc pretty heavily, bored, bigger valves, and MPIII blower, I bought the regular felpro full gasket set. Last week im playing around and come across that v6morana website and find out they make performance headgaskets for it.

Somebody with high-horsepower give me the scoop on what gaskets you use and what I should use.

As far as I know, if there is no detonation and I have a good tune, it shouldn't matter
thanks,
chris

Last edited:
To my knowledge it is an issue with head lift under boost and the different expasion rate of the dissimilar metals which ruins the non mls gaskets

head-gaskets

cast iron block expands at different temperatures then aluminum heads do. Restrictive exhaust doesn't help either, but I would just like to know what people have experienced with using those 3 or 4 layered headgaskets or are the fel-pro ones just as good.

I'm pretty sure that Morana doesn't "make" head gaskets. He would just be selling something from one of the gasket vendors.

cheers
Ed N.

There are folks with over 350rwhp running the felpro replacement head gaskets. There are folks with over 350rwhp running the Ford Multi-layer steel headgaskets. and there are Folks with over 350rwhp running fully o-ringed heads and performance headgaskets.

They're all doing o.k. If you avoid detonation, you go a long way to avoiding head gasket failure. Probably the biggest thing the above cars all have in common is ARP head studs.

I don't think the morana gaskets are required.

Back